Dr. sci. Sabiha Husić on the “We Require” Initiative
"Dear women, mothers, grandmothers, grandmothers, sisters, daughters, wives, friends, colleagues, acquaintances, I want to congratulate you on International Women's Day, March 8. The day when women raised their voice for the dignity and rights of women in the family and society. The years go by, but we don’t give up.I remind you of In the 21st century, women are exposed to violence, every fifth woman has survived some form of violence in BiH. Women are discriminated against, are not equal in society and are rare in the legislature and the executive. Therefore, Medica Zenica, with the formed initiative "We demand", decided to give a special gift to all women this March 8, a gift in memory of strong, brave, proud and determined womenwho have fought and are fighting for women’s rights.
- Velida Kulenović: a BHR journalist who, with her gentle but encouraging voice, tirelessly and persistently informs the public and opens many questions to the public, and of course women's issues.
- Uranela Agić, actress of the Bosnian National Theater Zenica with her strength and emotion brings us human destinies, maybe many would be forgotten but our Uranela keeps them in memory.
- Irma Šiljak, young, ambitious, with her good organization she stands for the rights of women and children and shows how work and lifelong learning bring changes.
- Meldina Ugarak, a determined, penetrating, strong politician. She loudly verbalizes attitude and opinion, breaks down gender stereotypes and shows that she can be a successful athlete, mother, friend, humanitarian.
- Dzevdana Brajić, she spent her working life in a responsible position in the City Administration, advocating for gender policies, responding with a smile to numerous male provocations when she demanded that gender issues be taken seriously. Despite all the difficulties, she persevered.
- Emina Tufekčić, her calmness, perseverance and political action for the economic empowerment of women, for the visibility of women’s work and the branding of their products and as such available on the market is her continuous struggle.
- Ajša Luković, persistent for new knowledge and insights, as evidenced by the Rector's Award of the University of Zenica. The combination of youth, work and continuous training and the desire to stay in BiH is a guarantee of its contribution and positive progress.
- Mujesira Purić, an FTV journalist, unwavering and strong, side by side with colleagues from the media, breaks down gender stereotypes and promotes gender issues. He is always in a place where he needs to inform the public, ask the right questions and not give up until he gets a clear answer.
- Dijana Muminović, she could have been and worked in distant America but decided to return to our Bosnia. With her school of photography, she has beautified the lives of citizens of all ages. She taught us to love photography, and with photography to send messages about the beauty of life, small and large values, and constantly reminds us that one photograph speaks more than 1000 words.
- He's not with us tonight Faketa Salihbegović-Avdagić, but we hope he watches us Online. Faketa made a great contribution and idea for this performance, and we also welcome ours Draženka Subašić which also made a great contribution to the stories we presented.
Let's not forget that March 8 is a day for concrete actions and reactions for the better today, but also tomorrow. Thank you very much